By SÍLE MOLONEY
NYC Unexpected emergency Administration and the NYC Section of Social Providers announced on Thursday, Sept. 9, that services centers in the Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens that had been opened to aid men and women and family members affected by the flash flood unexpected emergency triggered by Storm IDA on Sept. 1, will alter areas beginning Friday, Sept. 10.
As beforehand documented, the facilities are each working day from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., and supply individuals influenced with in-man or woman assistance and information and facts on methods and products and services available. New York Metropolis govt agencies, nonprofit companies, and group-centered companies will be on-web-site to assist join people and people to crucial expert services, together with enrollment in community benefits and health insurance, housing, food assistance, and psychological health counseling. Companies will be available to all website visitors. Visitors to the web pages will not be requested about their immigration standing.
The a few places will be collocated at federal Disaster Recovery Centers. Restoration professionals from FEMA and the U.S. Modest Enterprise Administration will be accessible to response issues and supply details on the kinds of federal assist readily available to householders, renters and enterprise house owners as a consequence of the main disaster declarations stemming from the hurricane.
“The Town will proceed to give help to New Yorkers influenced by flash flooding before this month,” said NYC Unexpected emergency Management Commissioner John Scrivani. “So considerably, our provider facilities have served around 1,000 households citywide and will remain open until the need to have is fulfilled. New Yorkers can pay a visit to their area assistance centre, call 311, or accessibility city companies on the net by viewing NYC.gov/ida.”
The next locations will open up Friday, September 10, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.,:
- Brooklyn – Medgar Evers College or university – 231 Crown Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11225
- Queens – Queens Faculty, Scholar Union – 152-45 Melbourne Ave, Flushing, NY 11367
- Bronx – Hostos Local community School – 450 Grand Concourse, E. Developing C, Bronx, NY 10451
The Manhattan and Staten Island company middle locations stay the same, and will open up from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.:
- Staten Island 80 Willowbrook Road, Staten Island, NY 10302 (I.S. 51)
- Manhattan – 215 W 114th Street, New York, NY 10026 (I.S. 88)
Solutions supplied at the center incorporate but are not confined to:
- Department of Social Products and services will support with enrollment in SNAP advantages, cash help, and public health and fitness insurance policies, and aid hook up individuals with emergency food stuff aid. English and Spanish speakers will be readily available to guide with enrollment.
- Housing Preservation and Development be delivering information and facts about resources to home owners and recommend tenants how to commence with having an inspection if there was a whole lot of destruction and they believe they are unable to return.
- Division for the Aging will guide in scenario management and senior employment.
- Mayor’s Office environment of Immigrant Affairs will assist with language and immigrant troubles.
- Small Enterprise Expert services will aid smaller business proprietors who ended up impacted by the storm.
- Referrals and information and facts for pump out assistance for residents who even now have standing drinking water in their properties.
- Office of Buildings will be in a position to remedy thoughts from the general public connected to damaged structures, conducting repairs or renovations, and to give guidance concerning the submitting of construction tasks with DOB.
- Division of Overall health and Mental Cleanliness will present psychological well being counseling.
- American Red Cross in Larger New York will help in catastrophe relief administration — like referrals, distribution of crisis supplies, and implementing for aid — and mental health counseling.
Please see listed here and here for other the latest updates on the response from the Metropolis to the storm.