BEAUFORT, SC (WSAV) – Beaufort County Faculty District (BCSD) announced the new principal alternatives for 9 Beaufort educational facilities.
Superintendent Frank Rodriguez declared the options for this tumble during Wednesday’s Board of Training assembly.
Seven of the choices have been internal moves, and two have been exterior hires from outside the house the district.
According to BCSD, a Human Assets team worked with Rodriguez to select finalists who satisfied with the respective job interview committees. Soon after each and every round of interviews, committee customers rated the candidates and these rankings ended up submitted to Rodriguez, who made the final suggestions tonight to the Board of Education.
BCSD released the adhering to facts for just about every of the 9 new directors and their placements:
- M.C. Riley Elementary School – Melissa Holland, principal of Beaufort Elementary considering that 2015, replaces Adrienne Sutton, a 30-calendar year district veteran who retired soon after serving as principal of M.C. Riley Elementary University for in excess of a decade and prior to that, principal of Hilton Head Island Early Childhood Middle. Holland’s 20+ year vocation at BCSD started as a instructor at Hilton Head Island Elementary Faculty. She has held assistant principal positions at Bluffton, Lady’s Island, and Beaufort elementary educational institutions. She holds master’s degrees in Early Childhood Schooling and Instructional Administration, both equally from the College of South Carolina.
- Beaufort Elementary School – Michelle Sackman, principal at Mossy Oaks Elementary because 2017, replaces Melissa Holland. Sackman commenced her 20+ 12 months academic occupation at BCSD as a multi-age teacher at Broad River Elementary University and has held positions at Coosa, Beaufort, and Whale Department elementary educational institutions. She now serves as a curriculum author and facilitator for the SC Department of Education and learning. She holds a master’s degree in Instruction Leadership from Capella College.
- Mossy Oaks Elementary School – Melissa Vogt, principal at Whale Branch Elementary College given that 2018, replaces Michelle Sackman. A veteran educator with 20+ many years of working experience at BCSD, Vogt began her occupation training at M.C. Riley Elementary University and has held assistant principal positions at Bluffton, Broad River, and Red Cedar elementary colleges. She retains a master’s degree in Education and learning Management from Ga Southern University.
- Whale Branch Elementary Faculty – Marva Neal, an assistant principal at Okatie Elementary Faculty considering that 2011, replaces Melissa Vogt. Neal commenced her job with the United States Airforce, serving as an Data Supervisor and Air Cargo Specialist. She has been with BCSD for 20+ yrs and has held positions at St. Helena and Okatie elementary educational institutions. She gained a master’s degree in Instructional Administration from the University of South Carolina, and she holds two added master’s levels from Lesley College in Technology in Training and Curriculum and Instruction.
- Lady’s Island Elementary School – Davina Coleman, an assistant principal at Robert Smalls Intercontinental Academy given that 2018, replaces Marvelle Ulmer who retired just after serving as Lady’s Island Elementary School’s principal for around a decade. Coleman started her educational vocation as a math trainer in Hawaii and has held positions at Beaufort Center College and Robert Smalls Intercontinental Academy. She holds a master’s degree in Instruction in Administration from the College of South Carolina.
- Robert Smalls International Academy – Bradley Tarrance, Godwin Heights Community University Principal in Grand Rapids, Mich., replaces Celeste LaVan, Ed.D., who has been promoted to Executive Director at the District Place of work. Tarrance has 20+ a long time in education, acquiring served as a middle faculty language arts teacher and principal of two turn-all-around center colleges in San Antonio, Texas, in which he has also held benefits oriented, leadership-targeted positions. He retains a master’s diploma in Instruction Leadership from Trinity College in San Antonio.
- H.E. McCracken Center University – Ryan Milling, an assistant principal at H.E. McCracken Center College because 2020, replaces Lindsey Skirtich who still left the district for a situation in the private sector. Milling began his academic occupation as a faculty counselor and held positions in Darlington, Fort Mill, and Florence College District Three before signing up for BCSD in 2020. He holds master’s degrees in Academic Management and Counseling and Progress, the two from Winthrop College.
- Hilton Head Island Middle Faculty – Tanja Wheeler, Ed.D., an educator with global faculty principal encounter, replaces Patricia Freda who retired right after 35+ several years in education. Wheeler has 30+ several years of instructional experience, starting her profession as a spouse and children and shopper science instructor in Hamilton, Ohio. She went on to provide as principal at Nacel International University Programs and Future Worldwide Faculty. Wheeler holds a doctorate degree in Educational Leadership and Management from Capella University.
- Battery Creek Significant School – Denise Lessard, an assistant principal at Battery Creek Substantial Faculty because 2017, replaces Chad Cox, Ed.D., who has been promoted to Executive Director at the District Office. Lessard began her 30-year educational job in Early Childhood Training in New Hampshire, later on getting to be a secondary social research teacher, district new teacher mentor, and class transition director. Lessard joined BCSD as a social studies instructor at Whale Branch Early Faculty Substantial Faculty in 2015 and subsequently served as an tutorial mentor at Battery Creek Large College. She retains a Certificate of Highly developed Graduate Scientific studies in Educational Leadership from Plymouth Point out College.